Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Garden Journal: 25 Feb 2009: Tomato seedlings

The tomato seeds that Julie planted are starting to sprout. These are Arkansas Traveler tomatoes.

We also appear to have a corn seedling in the corn bed, as well as more potatoes coming up.

Over the weekend I made new backsplashes for three of the four chambers (one was sufficiently intact that I left it as it is. I used some copper sheet we had bought a few years ago for metal art projects. Probably not the most cost effective use the copper but it was handy and it should hold up to the ravages of rabbit urine. Would have done more but Ash and Elm pollen were very high and had to limit the time I spent outdoors.

We have found a source for rabbits out around Fredricksburg. Will probably head out there in a couple of weeks, as soon as I can finish preparing the hutch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home