Friday, November 10, 2006

New Chicken Coop: Progress Report 3

On Thursday afternoon (essentially on my lunch break) I finally got the door attached to the chicken house, making it secure enough to move the chicks out of our house and into theirs. I also put on a third section of roofing to better shelter the open side of the chicken house.

Here are the chicks (now really more pullets) digging their new digs. The next step will be to build the door for the coop as a whole and then screen then whole thing in with chicken wire (technically "poultry mesh"), but that will take at least a whole CIMG3992weekend, which I won't have until after Thanksgiving.

Here is a video of the girls being girls in their new house:


Post a Comment

<< Home